Idiomatic use of word - Face , Get , Eye, Give,

Idiomatic use of word - face


The two parties met face to face to discuss the matter.
I shall have to set my face against this heinous move.
He pulled a face at your peculiar suggestion.
The proposal on the face of it seems sound.


Idiomatic use of word - Get


Try to get clear of their society.
Get rid of your bad habits.
Get this poem by heart.
I have got the sack.

Idiomatic use of word - Eye.


I am innocent in the eye of the law.
She is beautiful in my eyes.
I do not see eye to eye with you on this point.
The planet can't be seen with the naked eye.
I am an eyesore to him.

Idiomatic use of word - Go


It will go hard with me if my allowance is stopped.
He has gone mad.
I am ready to go all lengths to win my purpose.
This excuse will not go down with the authorities.
This plan is non-go (not workable).


Idiomatic use of word - Give


His health gave away under so much labour.
She gave birth to a son.
Please give ear to my prayer.
We must adopt a give and take policy in life.
I have given my word to him.
নবীনতর পূর্বতন